At Hireology, we’re dedicated to helping you find quality talent and fill your open roles faster. But at the same time, we know just how important it is to safeguard your applicant, candidate, and employee data.
That’s why we’ve built a trusted set of security measures based on industry standard protocols and our own best practices. Today, we’re excited to share our latest security updates: multi-factor authentication (MFA) and single sign-on (SSO). Read on to learn more about what these updates mean for you.
Keep your candidate data secure — always
Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
MFA is a security mechanism that requires users to provide two or more authentication factors to verify their identity before gaining access to their Hireology account. This extra layer of security helps reduce the risk of unauthorized access and protects your candidate data. By enabling MFA, you can enjoy enhanced security, reduce risk, and protect your company from data breaches.
There are two ways you can verify your identity:
- SMS-based authentication sends a one-time code to a user’s mobile device via text message to verify their identity during log in.
- Authentication app uses dedicated mobile applications like Microsoft Authenticator to generate one-time codes for user verification during log in.
Single sign-on (SSO)
With Social SSO and Company SSO, Hireology offers streamlined user access, improved security, and simplified user management.
- Social SSO allows users to log in using their existing social media accounts, such as Google or Microsoft, instead of creating a separate username and password. This offers a simplified user experience and enhanced security.
- Company SSO allows users to access Hireology using a single set of login credentials provided by their organization’s identity provider. This centralizes user authentication and access control, enhancing security and simplifying user management. Company SSO is available to Professional and All-in-One package customers.
Additional Hireology security measures
We have implemented a range of additional security measures to ensure the utmost protection of your candidate data:
- Passwords: We enforce the use of strong and secure passwords for all accounts and mandate increased account verification procedures
- Data encryption: We encrypt all communications using SSL (TLS 1.2) to secure your data
- Data security: We maintain a comprehensive data security infrastructure to protect the personal information gathered from applicants. We use advanced technologies, encryption protocols, and secure servers to protect data against misuse.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment: We annually conduct penetration tests to identify and address any potential vulnerabilities in our system and deploy security scanning of 3rd party software on a regular basis
- Internal procedures: We have established internal protocols and procedures to ensure the security of your data and protect against unauthorized access.
- Incident and breach response: In the event of an incident or breach, we have processes in place to quickly and effectively respond and mitigate any potential damage.
At Hireology, protecting your candidate data is our top priority. With our comprehensive security measures, you can have peace of mind knowing that your data is secure. We take information security seriously so you can stay focused on hiring top talent.
To learn more, schedule a demo today!