Have you ever watched reality TV shows with your friends or family and thought to yourself, ‘I could do that’ or ‘why don’t they make a show about us?’
I know I’ve said both at least a dozen of times.
Depending on what you may do for a living, the possibility of having a television series about your daily life may not be that far-fetched, especially if you’re in the recruiting business.
Top Recruiter is a realty competition show that currently airs solely in the Internet. Created by executive producer Chris LaVoie and LaVoie Entertainment, this series brings together some of the top recruiters in the industry to compete in a week long hustle to see who’ll be crowned with the title, ‘Top Recruiter.’
Here’s a preview from Season 2:
According to CBS Miami, the goal of the show is to provide ‘unemployed and underemployed Americans insight into how they can lift themselves out of the downward spiral.’
While a good chunk of this show is developed with drama, over-the-top personalities and made for TV challenges, it also highlights the talent that exists in the $140 Billion recruiting industry. All of the contestants in the show are real recruiters from respected companies. Each contestant delivers a unique approach towards hiring solutions for every challenge in the competition.
Top Recruiter aired the first episode of Season 3 on September 9th, 2014 and will be focusing on a cast of recruiters from all over the world this season.
If you’re just now discovering this show, here are some notes to from the first two seasons WITHOUT SPOILERS!
Top 5 takeaways from Seasons 1 & 2 of Top Recruiter
- The show is still emerging and for the better. According to Batsheva Chase, a season one contestant, most of the original season was heavily scripted. Season two has more natural dialogue and interactions between the contestants, which makes for extra enjoyable viewership.
- It takes place in Miami, a flashy city with also a high unemployment rate. Yet, all of the competitors live together in a Miami-based mansion (wouldn’t be much of a reality show it they all didn’t live under one roof, right?)
- Top Recruiter includes competition judges, who are also seasoned recruiters from respective companies.
- The show helps give viewers and job seekers a glance into the minds of these successful professionals. Viewers can learn what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for in a candidate, how they think, what not to do in an interview and job hunting advice, just to name a few.
- Each episode is less than 30 minutes with approximately 10 episodes per season. Therefore, catching up to Season 3 won’t take long!
Want to watch episodes of Top Recruiter? Click here!
Don’t forget that episode one of Season 3 just aired yesterday and can now be viewed by clicking on the link previously mentioned.
Looking for more hiring solutions? Skim through our eBook below and gain free insights!