As we begin the New Year, most of us will be kicking off January by taking on more work in the office. Whether it’s starting a new project or spending more time on the regular workload, the new business year typically starts off in a busy craze-sometimes offering us more than we can handle.
This is especially true for managers who’ll be tasked with strengthening the teams they manage in the office. Yet, as busy and hectic it may be to lead a group of people, it can be done successfully with the right leadership. There are various ways to build a great team. Nevertheless, it’s sometimes best to get advice from those who have actually led a life of leadership.
As a way to help you prepare for leading your team in 2015, here are some quotes by famous leaders that were published in an article by Forbes, titled 50 Heavyweight Leadership Quotes:
- ‘Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.’ ~ Vince Lombardi
- ‘Management is about arranging and telling. Leadership is about nurturing and enhancing.’ ~ Tom Peters
- ‘To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.’ ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- ‘Too many companies believe people are interchangeable. Truly gifted people never are. They have unique talents. Such people cannot be forced into roles they are not suited for, nor should they be. Effective leaders allow great people to do the work they were born to do.’ ~ Warren Bennis
- ‘Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.’ ~ John F. Kennedy
- ‘My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.’ ~ Steve Jobs
- ‘Don’t follow the crowd, let the crowd follow you.’ ~ Margaret Thatcher
- ‘If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.’ ~ John Quincy Adams
- ‘Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.’ ~ Winston Churchill
- ‘A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.’ ~ Lao Tzu
Are you still looking for more ways to increase your leadership skills and build a better team in the office? Download our free eBook below for many helpful tips!