Social media has become a new outlet to find job opportunities and it isn’t going away any time soon. Due to the high growth of social media use, companies are now recruiting candidates through these outlets. The most popular social media sites that are used to recruit are: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. When used correctly, social media can be an useful tool to use to find great candidates.
- Make your company is worth following: Social media was originally created for people to gain insight on each other’s lives. Because of this, it is essential that companies give off a personal vibe through their posts.
- Share your company’s high lights: Posting pictures of company events, group pictures, office pictures, and more can show users that your company is an enjoyable place to work.
- Offer valid information: Whether it’s a blog post or a statistic about the company, go ahead and share it with followers.
- Show interest in other things: Mentioning, following, or re-tweeting other people, even companies, can show followers that
- Establish a personality: Just because you’re talking through a company profile doesn’t mean it has to be robotic. Use some humor or share a story with followers.
- Don’t over sell yourself: Only mentioning your company through social media can become very redundant. After a while followers will become bored with the information.
- Never abandon your sites: Make sure to consistently add content to your social media sights in order to keep the attention of your followers.
- Keep it professional: Even though it is important to create a personality on social media don’t post anything controversial.